WHEN: February 2 to 5, 2023. Arriving February 2 and departing February 5.
WHERE: The retreat will be held in Austin, Texas.
WHO: All levels, artists of all experience levels welcome, however this retreat includes a masterminding component and will best serve artists looking to grow their art business or who have taken Art Biz for Rebels.
WHAT: Join Jodie King for an in person art experience in Austin to create some really honest art and get serious about your art biz. Here's what to expect:
- How to loosen up as you create
- How to truly have FUN with the process
- How to create your most honest art
- The 6 stages of the creative process
- The magic of color mixing and values (y’all….this has been said to be worth the price of admission alone!)
- Composition tips that will seriously take your art to the next level
- What to do when you’re stuck
- The 4 elements that all great paintings possess (you’re gonna be surprised about #1), and how to incorporate them into your art
- How to understand the personal energy you bring to your art
- Jodie’s personal painting techniques and process (this is gold y’all!)
- How to choose your color combinations in a more intuitive way
- How to use meditation and journaling to enhance your art
- How to let go of fears and inhibitions as you create
- How to embrace our own intuition as an artist
- Jodie’s secrets to advancing your art to the next level
- Masterminding sessions to help you get clear about your art biz
$2997 per person paid in full, or 4 payments of $777
- Welcome cocktails on arrival night
- Light refreshments during the workshop
- Nova Paints
- Paint slinging
- Gather at the studio around 9am (Friday to Sunday)
- Learn something / throw some paint around / laugh a lot
- Break for lunch
- Come back to the studio and learn / laugh some more
- Finish up around 4-5pm (3pm on Sunday)
- Enjoy some alone time OR spend time with your fellow workshoppers
- Transportation to/from retreat.
- Please bring your own canvas (we will provide the address to ship them to in advance of the retreat), your favorite tools & brushes.
Jodie King is an artist, instructor, speaker and kitchen dancer whose mission is to help others excavate their own authentic power and joy through the use of art and creativity. She possesses a combination of playful irreverence and spirituality with almost 20 years of art experience that resonates with her audience from around the world. Jodie’s “No one is the boss of you” attitude about painting, life, and creativity encourages the novice as well as the experienced to create, in her words, “honest art.”